Glendale Stagecoach Inn on Beaver Creek

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Historical Penrose Downtown

Penrose Downtown included several businesses and buildings. The Penrose Mercantile was located on Broadway Street and contained the Post Office. Other business were the Penrose Pharmacy, Gibson Lumber Company, Beaver Land and Irrigation Office, Livery Stable, two restaurants, a hotel, churches, and many residences. The “1909 Florence City Directory” included the newly named town of Penrose, and listed over 100 households and numerous businesses

No comments:

Post a Comment