Glendale Stagecoach Inn on Beaver Creek

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Penrose Beaver & Northern Railroad 1


The Beaver Penrose and Northern Railroad was incorporated in 1909 by the Beaver Park Land and Irrigation Company as well as Spencer Penrose and some of his wealthy friends from Colorado Springs and Cripple Creek.
Penrose became the president of this small railroad.

The train ran on a “spur” which was 6 ½ miles long and linked it to the Denver and Rio Grande tracks that ran between Florence and Pueblo. It owned only a combination passenger/baggage car and a locomotive and leased other cars as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment