Glendale Stagecoach Inn on Beaver Creek

Friday, September 17, 2010

Meeting a descendant of the Woodriff family

Yesterday I had a phone call from Mary, who is a descendant of the Woodriff family who settled on the south side of the Arkansas River. Daniel and Augusta Woodrif came from Canada to settle and farm with their children. Many of them are buried in Lower Beaver Cemetery and I wrote about the Woodriffs in "THE FORGOTTEN CEMETERIES OF BEAVER CREEK" and I profiled Augusta in "PIONEER WOMEN of BEAVER CREEK." Mary shared information with me that I didn't have. She had also bought both my books at the Penrose Community Library earlier in the day. I have a few documents that I'll copy and send to her. We had a lovely conversation, both of us benefitting from talking together. This is what I love about my writing on local history. I never know what each day will bring and I enjoy helping people find out more about their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment